Mold Testing & Removal
• We provide reliable, professional, local waterproofing (interior and exterior drainage).
• We remove all types of rubbish that have been destroyed due to water intrusion and mold formation.
• We also provide various solutions to indoor air quality via different types of air purification systems.
• Professional testing of Bulk, Air, Check walls and carpet for moisture content (Lab assessment).
• We perform outside excavation and grading services to divert natural water flow away from problem areas.
Check for main cause of Mold…..Water intrusion and Moisture source
Typically, household moisture problems can be divided into two distinct categories:
1. Humidity and condensation
2. Moisture transport Humidity and condensation:
Defined as the process of gas or vapor changing to a liquid, this can be observed by simply taking a cold drink outside on a warm day. Small droplets of water will appear on the exterior surface, as result of the warm, moist air contacting the cold surface of the drink. This reaction occurs because the amount of moisture held by air depends on the temperature. The measurement of this is referred to as relative humidity (RH). A basement, for example, with cold air cannot hold a significant amount of absolute moisture. But the relative humidity could be high, because colder air has a limited capacity to hold moisture. Thus, a small increase in moisture can dramatically elevate the (RH).
This Intrusion is a primary concern of contractors and builders. It defines as the unwanted ingression of water into a structure from an exterior location. Through builders cannot influence the occurrence of rain or flooding, how the building responds to such inundation varies widely. Obviously certain regions experience much more exterior water related issues then others. Some of the most common problems you will encounter are listed below:
• Faulty or missing gutters and downspouts.
• Failure of the flashing around skylights, windows, vents, chimney, etc.
• Groundwater intrusion through the cold joint.
• Siding failure or improperly installed siding or building paper.
• Roof leaks or inadequate sheathing / roofing paper.
• Improper landscape draining, i.e. no French drain.
• Rising water table flooding the crawlspace.
• Sump pump failure.
• Failure of caulking or sealing around windows, showers units, toilet seals, etc.
There are Five General Principles used in mold remediation of mold-Contaminated structures and materials.
1. Provide for the health and safety of workers and occupants. Performing mold remediation can expose workers to health and safety hazards. Therefore, remediation workers must be protected from exposure through a combination of engineering controls and specialized work practices, such as controlled demolition, containment and air pressure controls, and use of appropriate respiratory protection and other personal protective equipment (PPE) The spread of contamination has the potential to expose remediation workers or occupants to contaminants and create the need for additional remediation work. Use of appropriate containment and air pressure controls is the usually the most effective way to prevent spreading microbial contaminants. Proper containment is also effective to prevent occupants from entering the contaminated area.
2. Document the conditions and work processes. An effective mold remediation plan cannot be developed without first determining the extent of contamination to be removed. Using the condition methods ranging from 1-3. Condition 3 areas can be located using sensory (e.g., visual or olfactory investigative techniques, or it may be difficult or impossible to locate all pockets of hidden growth without use of intrusive or destructive techniques. If used without adequate containment, intrusive and destructive techniques can result in the release or spread of contaminants. To ensure that remediation work is being properly performed, it is highly recommended that the appropriate documentation of the remediation process be kept by project management. Spores that disperse from condition 3 areas and settle on surfaces in other areas may create contaminated conditions in those areas where they accumulate. These areas are referred to as a condition 2.
3. Control the contaminant at its source It is highly recommended that mold contamination be controlled as close to its source as possible. When mold spores are aerosolized, they become much more difficult to capture. Therefore, it is important to prevent aerolization. This can be accomplished in a number of ways in various stages of remediation process by using appropriate work practices. Control of the containment, an example of source containment is the use of self adhering plastic over mold growth on gypsum board to prevent dispersal. Also minimizing dust generation during demolition, using vacuum-assisted power tools and locating an air filtration device close to the work area. With the control of moisture mitigation services, ensure that the mold contamination does not spread.
4. Physically remove the contamination (source removal) It is highly recommended that mold contamination be physically removed from the structure and contents to return them to condition 1 status.
5. Correct the moisture problem to prevent recontamination. Since mold spores are present at background levels in a normal fungal ecology, mold growth is virtually inevitable if moisture is not controlled. To prevent this, moisture problems must be identified, located and corrected or controlled as soon as possible. Successfully mold remediation results in the return of the remediated structure and contents to Condition 1. Reconstruction normally does not begin until moisture is controlled, mold remediation is complete and materials are dry.
• Provide a detailed report/proposal of described work to be done to alleviate the problem and help prevent any future problems associated with mold growth.
• Provide all contracting work: all excavation as well as all ways to stop water intrusion to the home (inside and outside), foundation work, demolition and removal of all rubbish in basements and attics, work in crawl spaces.
Water damage in your home can cause excessive mold growth. We provide incredible services to our customers when they are encountered by mold problem at their homes. Our technicians usually follow stern, appropriate and safe methods when undertaking mold remediation at your home or business. The key aspects when handling mold growth problems at your residence are identification, containment as well as proper remediation measures. When dealing with mold exposure at your home as result of water damage, it is vital to contact our experts immediately before the problem becomes bigger. We provide different remedies to deal with various types of mold exposure at your residence. Our technicians have vast experience and knowledge in dealing with mold removal as well as remediation for both residential and commercial properties. With our well trained, certified and qualified technicians, we assure you 100% mold remediation procedures at your home. We offer emergency services to home owners in the Greater Toronto Area. We follow set protocols and guidelines when responding to mold damages in your residence. It is important for home owners to seek mold remediation services from reputable as well as experienced companies.
Mold mitigation should be taken very seriously when it comes to water damage and mold remediation. Mold usually thrives in moist, damp and humid areas. It is a fungus that causes decay to organic materials in your residence. Cellulose is commonly found in the drywalls and wood. Mold usually thrives in cellulose and can cause huge damage to your furniture if proper measures are not taken. Home owners are advised to acquire an indoor air quality report from authorities before we can start clean-up services at their homes. Mold and moisture at your home may expose you and your family to serious health problems. Therefore, it is vital to get the right professionals to carry out mold removal and remediation services at your residence. Our experts will respond to your emergency within one hour and professionally assist you in the restoration of your property. Flood damages should be promptly restored to minimize chances of mold build-up at your home or business.
Signs of Mold Build-up at Your Residence
Some of the mold signs in your home or business include:
- Visible mold
- Musty and strong odors
- Excessive humidity inside the structures
- Discoloration of walls
- Moisture on walls
Mold damage removal and remediation process usually involves identifying presence of mold and moisture at your home, and contacting us immediately. Our technicians will then conduct an inspection at your business or home followed by proper procedures to rescue you from mold and moisture damages.
Mold Remediation measures
The following are some measures that our experts will carry out to resolve mold and moisture problem at your residence.• Completely drying the structures
- Completely drying the structures
- Repairing all the leaks
- Full extraction of water from the building using high power extractors mounted on trucks
- Removing and remediating all damages caused by moisture and mold
When encountered by mold problem at your business or home, you can follow these basic tips to save you much frustration.
- Identify the source of water at your home as well as the cause of mold growth.
- Contact AFB to assist you if the damage is beyond repair.
- Don’t begin clean-up without the right remediation plan